SQL TutorialWhat is SQL SQL SELECT SQL SELECT DISTINCT SQL WHERE SQL INSERT SQL UPDATE SQL DELETE SQL AND, OR & NOT Clause SQL ORDER BY SQL LIKE Clause SQL IN Operator SQL BETWEEN Operator SQL MAX() and MIN() SQL COUNT
SQL JOINSQL JOIN SQL INNER JOIN SQL LEFT JOIN SQL RIGHT JOIN SQL FULL OUTER JOIN
SQL is a Structured Query Language. It is designed to manage data stored in a relational database management system (RDBMS). It means used for storing, manipulating and retrieving data in databases.
What is SQL used for?
- It helps you to describe the data.
- It helps users to access data in the RDBMS system.
- With the help of SQL, you can create and drop databases and tables.
- It allows you to define the data in a database and manipulate that specific data.
- SQL can execute queries, retrieve data, insert records, update records and delete records from a database.
- SQL can create new databases, create new tables, create stored procedures and create views in a database.
- You can set permissions on tables, procedures, and views.
History of SQL?
Here are important landmarks from the history of SQL:
- 1970 – Dr. Edgar F. “Ted” Codd described a relational model for databases.
- 1974 – Structured Query Language appeared.
- 1978 – IBM released a product called System/R.
- 1986 – IBM developed the prototype of a relational database, which is standardized by ANSI.
- 1989 – First ever version launched of SQL
- 1999 – SQL 3 launched with features like triggers, object-orientation, etc.
- SQL 2003 – window functions, XML-related features, etc.
- SQL 2006 – Support for XML Query Language
- SQL 2011 -improved support for temporal databases
SEARCH POST HERE
Subscribe My YouTube Channel
Join Our Telegram Channel & Support Eachother
Elevenstech Web Tutorials
Elevenstech Web Tutorials helps you learn coding skills and enhance your skills you want.
As part of Elevenstech's Blog, Elevenstech Web Tutorials contributes to our mission of “helping people learn coding online”.
Subscribe to get the latest updates from Elevenstech Web Tutorials and stay up to date